Thursday, March 12, 2009

The Rendezvous

It was nearing 6 PM and Radhika felt she was getting late for one of the most important events of her life. She quickly dialed the number and heard to the caller tune. Few seconds passed and the caller tune started repeating again Ninna poojege bande Mahadeshwara... She checked the time again, it was exactly 6 PM; she had only an hour and half to go. She unlocked the keypad of the phone and was about to punch the redial button when an empty auto approached her. 'Jayanagar 4th block?' she asked anxiously. The driver noticed the slight tremor in her voice and said 'Please come'. Relieved, she climbed into the auto and it started to roar away in full throttle towards Jayanagar.

Not withstanding the frustration anymore, Mahesh said 'Okay Mr. Down, we will get back to you after our analysis in two days' time.' He waited till the person on the other end finished what he had to say and replied back 'Thanks a lot, have a nice weekend. Bye.' and cut the call. He addressed his team 'Okay guys, its really getting late for me, I have to push off. Let us discuss the repercussions over the phone tomorrow. I'm sorry to be leaving early but I hope you all can understand. Bye.' All the team members nodded happily as their boss was leaving for the day which meant they could leave after a few minutes. Mahesh stepped out of the conference and saw a missed call. He dialed the same number and waited for the person to pick up the phone. As soon as the phone was answered, he said 'Listen, I'm sorry, I was in a very important meeting. Where are you now? Have you started?'

Radhika while talking on the phone removed her footwear and proceeded towards the flower vendor. 'I'm at the venue already. Haven't you reached yet?'

'I'm sorry again dear, I'm leaving the office now, I will reach there in half an hour exactly. By the way, how did you reach so quickly?' asked Mahesh

'I took an auto to 4th block from Gandhi Bazar. I reached in just 20 minutes. But...' said Radhika

'Why on earth are you in 4th block? We were supposed to be meeting in Koramangala, don't you remember?' he asked. He was surprised to hear what she had just told and stopped her before she could complete her sentence.

Radhika was also taken aback when she heard this. 'Yeah I remember that but you were in the Shiva temple which we regularly visit in 4th block, that is why I came here thinking we both might first seek the blessings and then go'.

Mahesh was totally confused about what was happening. He asked 'When did I tell you that I was in 4th block and that too in a temple!?' She said 'Honey, when I called you, you said Ninna poojege bande Mahadeshwara...'

PS: Ninna poojege bande... is a song from a movie called Psycho composed by Raghu Dixit

4 comments:

kp;) said...

heart numbing story sisya, i'm touched.... sigh..

melvin said...

This you only can write like that....

AMIT said...

Very nice written.

Web hosting india

Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!